WHO WE ARE
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company’s products are sold in approximately 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, Tory Burch, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, and Too Faced. Our multidisciplinary expertise includes basic science and advanced technologies; the intersections of physics, chemistry, biology and engineering, combined with state-of-the-art technology. Thus, we enable all brands to benefit from the latest scientific breakthroughs, while ensuring the highest safety, quality and performance standards. We have employees engaged in research and development activities in the following areas: Analytical Science, Package & Device Design, Bio-actives, Process Development & Scale Up, Product Formulation, Clinical Science and Fermentation & Bio-Technology. For fiscal 2019, net sales were $14.86 billion and operating income was $2.31 billion. (http://www.elcompanies.com/our-brands).
Our Heritage: Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Estée Lauder Companies are committed to building world-class brands by developing talented people. We champion a professional organization that emphasizes excellences at every level. Our people are our greatest asset and the success of our company is the result of the talent, passion, and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees, who set a global standard for innovation, service and quality. The Canadian Supply Chain and Canadian Innovation Centre is at the core of that innovative spirit. (http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/the-lauder-family)
Our Culture & Values: Our culture is often described as a rare mix of family values with a high-performing public company with a mission of “Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do. This unique mix translates into a caring, collaborative and compassionate workplace that is also demanding – with a competitive spirit that is a powerful source of motivation. Above all else, there is a focus on long-term, sustainable growth which engenders loyalty and commitment from internal and external stakeholders. We are a values-driven organization. Our actions are rooted in the Lauder Family values of respect for the individual, uncompromising ethics and integrity, generosity of spirit and fearless persistence. Building on these core values we also abide by the following principles: http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/culture-and-values.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to work on a winning team? Do you want to make an impact within your field?
At Estee Lauder Companies your co-op placement is intended to give you an opportunity to apply your academic training within an “on the job” experience, while allowing you to showcase your passion for creativity, innovation, and teamwork.
What will I be doing?
- Formulation assistance and general laboratory maintenance in various cosmetic category development laboratories within an R&D environment
- Learn how to calculate amount of ingredients needed for various batch requirements with the opportunity to observe batch throughout the manufacturing process
- Assist in maintaining raw material inventory and organization of laboratory files
- Develop an understanding of and assist in colour evaluation and the shade matching processes
- Assist in performing product stability testing, observe and learn about the relationship between process and raw materials
- Learn how to use all lab scale equipment and related SOP's for batching, testing and quality purposes
- Training on Standard Operating Procedures, Good Lab Practices, GMP and WHMIS
- A culture committed to your professional development
What skills will help me to be successful?
- Currently enrolled in a Laboratory Technician college program
- Strong project/time management skills and detail oriented
- Passion for learning
- A team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Independent and high degree of energy and initiative
- Hands on lab skills, WHMIS knowledge, GMP skills, operation of lab equipment such as pH Meter, scale, viscometer, mixers/blender, and skilled in Microsoft applications
- Light to medium lifting – pails and boxes 10kg or less
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment may require some light liftng
- May require long hours of standing when preparing lab batches
- Maintain a clean laboratory working environment
To learn more about our unique corporate culture in Canada, please visit LinkedIn
Job: Research & Development
Primary Location: Americas-CA-
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 217897
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.