Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you’ll be proud knowing you’re working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it’s community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we’re leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill and maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, and have the ability to support the development and implementation of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Your strong experience and skills in Business Intelligence and Data Architecture will help Purolator leverage its data for a variety of analytic use cases to support strategic decision making, in a way that is governed, sustainable, and scalable.
You are passionate about data, and not only do you understand the mechanics of how to access, move and manipulate data, you also understand how data can be leveraged to empower reporting and analytics. While you are strong technically, you are also adept at consulting with non-technical business users to understand the root of their requirements, to develop BI solutions that truly meet their needs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Data Engineering technology and related processes.
- Understand business issues and decompose them into measurable data or data modelling requirements.
- Curate data for governed reporting and self-service data discovery and analytics
- Contribute to consultations workshops with various business stakeholders to understand the root business needs for new reporting and analytics use cases
- Build experimental data processes and BI assets for rapid prototyping of reports and dashboards from new data sources
- Help administer the Business Intelligence platforms to ensure the environment is secure, up to date, and accessible
- A seasoned Business Intelligence professional with hands-on experience developing and administering front-end BI tools such as PowerBI, Qliksense
- A savvy data architect with strong understanding of datawarehouse principles and methodologies
- Great communication skills, you can effectively convey highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to systematically analyze, hypothesize, and solution problems and issues
- Hands-on experience with datawarehouse technologies, preferably with cloud-based platforms such as AWS Redshift and Azure Synapse
- Experience developing and building ETL/ELT pipelines using GUI based tools such as Glue, Pyspark and ability to code custom data workflows via Java and Python a strong asset
- Energized by working on a small team with the ability to make an immediate impact on the business
- Experience working in an Agile environment (developing stories, prioritizing tasks, grooming)
- Bachelor or Master degree in a technology/analytical field such as Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning/AI, Engineering, or other relevant technical fields.
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Excellent programming knowledge in any of the languages (Phyton, R, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark/Scala).
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
Location: 530 - Corporate
Working Conditions: Office Environment
Reports to: Manager Reporting and Data Delivery
Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.