Embedded Firmware Engineer
Reporting to the Sr. Manager Corporate Innovation, the Embedded Firmware Engineer will be accountable to plan, design, code, develop, test and document embedded software systems in C and C++ for software enhancements and new products for connected control systems. The successful incumbent will apply modern, best practice development techniques and product knowledge toward Research & Development activities. The Embedded Firmware Engineer will provide analysis and investigation and resolution of software engineering tasks; participate in the definition of design specifications/parameters; plan, document and carry out software development and testing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Plan, design, code, develop, test, debug and document embedded software systems in C and C++ for software creation and enhancements.
- Support the development of low and high-fidelity prototypes for the purpose of proving out concepts and technologies.
- Work as a member of the Innovation Team and provide support/guidance for hardware development.
- Collaborate with other groups such as manufacturing, multiple team members, external partners, vendors, and management.
- Provide ongoing leadership and support for released products. Manage software updates as and when needed.
- Control and maintain software library from cradle to grave.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability.
- 3-5 years of Experience in embedded C/C++ programing, RTOS, data collecting and robotics.
- Experience with TCP/IP, UDP, MODBUS, CAN, UART, SPI, and I2C communication protocols.
- Experience with sensors and actuators Integration in Embedded systems.
- Hands on experience with Logic analyzers, Oscilloscope and Multimeter.
- Well-structured applications with ST Microelectronics, ARM, Microchip PIC and ESP32.
- Experience with using real time operating systems in Embedded systems.
- Experience designing thread-safe low-level drivers and hardware abstraction layers.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience with Agile development process.
- Fluent in software fundamentals including software design and maintainability.
- Capable of reading schematic diagrams, capable of managing SRAM and EEPROM
The Napoleon Group of Companies is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
We thank you for your interest in The Napoleon Group of Companies and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
RequiredInnovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
RequiredAbility to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization