As a leader in color pigments and dispersions for the coatings, plastics and ink industries worldwide, DCL Corporation is passionate about color. DCL invites the world to “See the Difference We Make.” Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, DCL Corporation operates six manufacturing facilities in Canada, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands and multiple dedicated R&D centers around the globe. At DCL, we’re more than just color. We’re committed to environmental, health and safety excellence for both our internal and external stakeholders. This stems from our focus on 100% customer satisfaction, innovation, and long-term sustainability. It’s what we like to call “the DCL difference.” We encourage you to see it for yourself.
Why Join DCL Corporation?
At DCL Corporation, we train, trust and empower our employees to exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers. We encourage and expect high performance, whether it is in one of our ISO accredited manufacturing facilities, the laboratory or in our offices. Our core values build respect, and our employees share a commitment for continuous improvement.
DCL Corporation offers:
- Friendly and Dynamic Atmosphere that is both Stimulating and Team Oriented
- Corporate Values that Promote Respect, Integrity, and Innovation
- Competitive Wages & Professional Development
- Excellent Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, and Company Contributions of Pension and RRSP
We are looking for a Senior AP Analyst based out of our corporate office. Reporting to the AP Supervisor, the Senior Accounts Payable Analyst will work collaboratively with DCL team members and will oversee the entire AP function for the South Carolina operations including developing and overseeing AP procedures and controls, processing multi-currency purchase invoices, weekly payment runs, and managing the month- end close of the AP sub-system in addition to participating in other corporate level ad-hoc projects. The Senior Accounts Payable Analyst will achieve accounts payable objectives by ensuring timely processing and accurate coding of invoices, developing, and managing the associated processes, and providing relevant service and information to key stakeholders.
The specific responsibilities of the Senior AP Analyst, while not limited to, include:
- Work closely with Purchasing and Procurement team members throughout the Company to ensure that processes are effective, efficient and that information flows seamlessly between these departments
- Ensures accuracy of invoices including correct application of HST, VAT and other taxes and self-assessments where required in Canada and multiple other countries
- Contribute to reporting, forecasting, and analytics related to the AP function
- Provide high level of customer service with both internal and external stakeholders by ensuring that all queries are dealt with in a professional and consistent manner with a positive approach
- Lead the implementation project for payments to be made by EFT, and future projects to ensure that payment methods and processes are current, with emphasis on efficiency and avoidance of risk in the payment process
- Participate in the ERP implementation project with specific accountabilities for the AP processes, and may also collaborate with other modules or other IT projects
- Coordinate with various departments and maintain records for account payables within dedicated SAP ERP environment (transitioning to INFOR M3 in calendar 2022)
- Maintain all vendor master data in dedicated SAP ERP environment including but not limited to payment terms, contracts (transitioning to INFOR M3 in calendar 2022)
- Maintain and prepare vouchers for all processes and record all invoices with appropriate coding and controls
- Monitor all invoices and accounting issues, resolve any escalated issues for same
- Maintain and update all applicable journal entries
- Perform month end closing procedures including but not limited to cut-off and ongoing reconciliations including GL to subledger
- Assist Finance/Procurement/Operations teams on various projects
- Administer all expenses, monitor reimbursements, and ensure work according to corporate expense policy with Concur operating environment
- Analyze processes, recommend improvements for same and manage all internal controls on documents
- Prepare reports for reconciliation and ledger accounts and submit it to Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Compile and analyze all key defined metrics and prepare appropriate documents for reporting including cash flow planning inputs (working with Director, Finance)
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree considered a strong asset.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of processing experience in high volume manufacturing / cost accounts payable environment.
- Entrepreneurial approach to assigned work products (hands-on, focused, detailed)
- Proactive, customer focused approach to internal and external inquiries
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail, including demonstrated experience in verifying accuracy of others work.
- Experience working with multiple currencies
- Strong communication skills; oral and written and proven interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to project professional positive attitude
- Able to work effectively in both team working environments and in an autonomous setting
- Experience with ERP’s: SAP (primary), QAD, Chempax migrating to INFOR M3 over the course of calendar 2021/2022
- Office365 Suite including Teams and SharePoint
- Web based treasury platform (not currently integrated with ERPs)
DCL is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. If at any point throughout the recruitment process you require accommodation, please reach out to our Human Resources Department for further information.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.