Town of View Royal
The Town of View Royal is a growing residential community in the Greater Victoria area with a population of approximately 10,800. Our waterfront community has scenic views of Esquimalt Harbour and Portage Inlet, as well as excellent parks and trails, including the Galloping Goose Regional Trail and Thetis Lake Regional Park. Ten minutes from downtown Victoria, View Royal’s central location also provides good highway access to the Western Communities and to the Saanich Peninsula, including BC Ferries and the Victoria International Airport.
FINANCE CLERK I
1 Regular Part-Time Position 4 hours per day, 5 days per week
($29.77 - $31.11/hour)
The Town of View Royal is seeking a highly organized, customer focused Finance Clerk I who demonstrates great attention to detail with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively. Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Finance Clerk I performs a variety of accounting functions such as:
- Provides personal and telephone reception for the Finance Department and as backup support for the front counter;
- Processes daily cash and electronic payment balancing, batch posting and deposits;
- Coordinates, processes and reconciles general accounts receivable activities;
- Prepares various monthly journal entries and reconciliations of GL and sub-systems;
- Collects and files documents in accordance with the municipality’s records management system;
- Performs the full accounts payable and payroll cycles when the Accounting Clerk II is absent.
As the successful candidate you will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent plus 2 years of recognized accounting program (CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA) training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience in Microsoft Office 365, including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Training in word processing, office administration, records and information management, and computer operation and applications.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a local government setting.
- A valid BC driver’s licence.
A detailed job description is available at www.viewroyal.ca.
Applicants should submit a detailed résumé, including cover letter and references, which reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities relevant to the position, no later than 4:30 p.m., Monday, June 28, 2021 to:
Attn: Dawn Christenson
Town of View Royal
45 View Royal Avenue
Victoria, BC V9B 1A6
Candidates being considered may be required to undergo an evaluation of skills, qualifications and abilities. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Education : Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience : 2 years to less than 3 years