Located in Bedford, Health Association Nova Scotia (HANS) is a non-profit shared services organization that has been serving health organizations for over fifty years. We are officially recognized as one of Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada's Top Employers. As an employer committed to employment equity, we especially encourage applications from applicants who self-identify from diverse communities and/or backgrounds.
Administrative Assistant - Full Time, Permanent
Within the Labour Relations and Compensation Analysis Department
The LRCA Department is comprised of labour lawyers, compensation specialists, a director and support staff. The ideal candidate will join our team and work collaboratively with other support staff in supporting the administrative needs of the department. While this is a dynamic and ever changing work environment, current tasks typically include: file opening and closing, scheduling, filing, correspondence, "bring forward systems", data base upkeep, preparing reports, assisting colleagues with organizing their work and schedules, providing administrative assistance with IT related matters, all preparations and management for logistical aspects of meetings, conferences etc., proof reading, formatting, collating, photocopying, binding documents, preparing expense reports, processing invoices, booking travel, and developing & documenting effective business processes. The full scope of position may include some legal research where overall capacity allows.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED AND recognized secretarial or office administration program diploma (or equivalent through experience)
- Paralegal training would be an asset
- Three (3) years or more of related administrative experience would be an asset
- Administrative work within a legal environment or specialized knowledge and/or experience pertaining to labour law would be an asset
Equivalency established through alternate qualifications and/or experience may be considered.
Qualities & Abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Team and client focussed
- Hard working
- Exceptionally organized
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Ability to work within team
- Values relationships
- Works well under pressure
- Effective communicator
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint with the interest and ability to learn other programs including but not limited to SharePoint, Lawbase, "DM" document management database, Westlaw, Quicklaw
Salary: We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as the NSHEPP defined pension. Starts at 4 weeks vacation. Free parking (and bus stop in front of building).
Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, to the attention of Allison McGrath. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Sunday June 27, 2021 (11:59pm)