Repost. This posting represents a one-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Director, VPRGS Sector, the incumbent establishes the appropriate processes and network in order to collect and analyze research funding and other data and design and draft reports in support of strategic research initiatives. They are responsible for manipulating research data across the university (all Faculties, all funding sources) in order to support strategic research initiatives.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize research funding and other data from all external and internal sources in support of strategic research initiatives and applications. Participate in the preparation of large-scale research applications.
- Design specifications for reports and prepare proposals that move forward the attainment of funding objectives. Develop institutional level modeling scenarios and advise the senior administrative team accordingly.
- Provide advice on emerging trends related to funding results and highlight changes.
- Conceptualize, identify, map, design and recommend process transformations that maximize the effectiveness of the university’s research initiatives and strategies.
- Monitor Concordia's research landscape based on institutional research strengths, funding and other key indicators.
- Liaise with the relevant VPRGS sector units, the Institutional Planning Office, and the Faculties to establish quality control mechanisms to ensure that information processing is as efficient and accurate as possible and that reporting is accurate.
- Collaborate within a team environment within the OVPRGS/OOR and with external bodies, to develop, coordinate and communicate strategic research funding planning, management and analytic models.
- Bachelor’s degree a field related to primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Graduate Degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and predictive analytical tools and techniques.
- A strong track record for data, advanced analytics, and evidence-based decision-making is essential.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is required for data integrity.
- Excellent data visualization skills.
- Very good knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables), advanced Tableau, good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with stakeholders and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports.
- Excellent planning and analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of the university environment as well as the research funding environment of Quebec and Canada.
- Proactive work style; will take initiative to make personal connections with key personnel internally and externally.
- A keen ability to transform technical information into simpler terms.
- Comfortable dealing with varying levels of the university/organization and interact professionally and constructively with a diverse group of data users from various functional levels.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment, and with other university departments.
- Superior organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities.
$ 74,676.27 -$ 89,200.55 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 10, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.