WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
TORONTO OR HALIFAX
Do you want to be part of a young, dynamic team that is globally recognized in the electrical distribution engineering and telecommunications sector? Join WSP, one of the largest engineering and professional services firms in the world. The company’s expertise extends from conceptual and feasibility studies to comprehensive detailed engineering work to monitoring and inspection.
Our specialized team in the Energy, Resources and Industry sector provides support for our clients, who are part of our daily lives. Over the past few decades, we have developed a wide range of engineering services in electrical distribution through aerial and underground networks, in copper, coaxial and fibre-optic networks and in structured cabling, as well as work supervision. Our highly diverse projects—combining site design and engineering document development—drive us to outdo ourselves both personally and professionally. Our team is our strength, and this strength includes every one of us. Together, we can offer our clients services equal to our vision, meet the highest industry standards and innovate to surpass them.
This position is part of WSP’s Energy, Resources and Industry sector. This division provides a complete range of services and expertise in the power distribution and transmission sector as well as telecommunications technologies. To meet growth challenges, WSP is currently seeking a Civil engineer.
What you typical week could look like:
- Design plans and specifications for aerial and underground electrical distribution and telecommunications projects;
- Conduct field surveys for a variety of projects;
- Certify engineering and load calculations based on applicable standards (CSA, Hydro-Québec, SSA, ISO, etc.);
- Define requirements and present technical information, designs and the results of studies to clients;
- Verify and produce tenders, specifications, plans, reports and other technical documents;
- Supervise and support the work of technicians and accredited drafters during projects as a technical resource;
- Monitor deadlines in the context of the client’s specifications and objectives;
- Comply with and implement the company’s quality and safety processes.
We’d like to know more about you, if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering;
- Membership in the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec OR P. Eng licence in Canada
- Being a member of an order outside Québec is an asset;
- More than 5 years of experience;
- Experience in engineering support structures and civil structures;
- Knowledge of PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE software;
- Knowledge of the software and applications used by Hydro-Québec Distribution and by telecommunications companies is an asset (SIG, Agil, SAP/PS, SimPAS, SimBT, DUSS, DUC2);
- Bilingual: French, English
- Interpersonal skills, initiative, autonomy, versatility and team spirit;
- Class 5 driver’s licence
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.